Just stay on your path!December 16, 2016
You are NOT your job!May 5, 2017
Making EACH and EVERY day deliver your vision!
How did your day start today? Did you start purposefully or did you hit snooze a few times before rolling out of bed? Did you have time to connect or were you straight in the melee of the day?!
If you are reading this blog and connecting with me and Genergy regularly, then you are probably someone who wants to create big change in the world. To have an impact. To deliver something bigger than you in your lifetime. I know I am!
Now, I have a busy life. I have a business, a new home (that needs total renovation – that’s next year’s job!) and a very questioning, intelligent 5 year old. From one perspective, there are never enough hours in the day. And yet from another, I have learnt that I can powerfully create my day to work FOR me. Not always, believe me some days just go awry regardless. But generally this stuff works!
So, what makes the difference? I honestly believe that the first hour of your day is the most important and sets you up to succeed or not.
I often ask myself – is my day/workload driving me or am I creating my day?
I don’t know about you, but I would rather create my day the way I want it! Here are my top tips for what makes the difference for me (and for many of my clients). You will need to figure out your version of this so take this as a starter-for-ten!
1. Connecting to you
– what YOU are all about before any input/interference arrives. In my language – it is connecting to your source. The best way I have found to do this is by writing my morning pages. This concept comes from a book called The Artists Way. An oldie but a goodie. Well worth checking out if you want to create more creativity and connection in your life. For the morning pages, you simply write 4 pages of A4 as soon as you wake up so that you are not yet in a space of conscious awareness. You simply write whatever comes up almost like a stream of consciousness. You will find some days you feel you are writing stuff that is feels very positive and inspired. And other days you are clearing! Whatever way, miraculously by the end of Page 4 I always get some fantastic insight into my day.
2. Connecting to the bigger universe
– try out meditation! I know it’s not easy but believe me once you get used to it is invaluable. I find if I do this after my morning pages my brain is much more relaxed and able to go with the flow. Try out Apps like Headspace if you do better with some guidance.
– get your body moving! This could be a brisk job, a dog walk, the gym or following a workout at home. Either way, that feeling of having raised your heartbeat and gone for it really gets the energy up for the day.
4. Set your intention and goals for your day
. You will find having gone through these steps that you have more of intuitive sense of your day and what is most important rather than diving into your burgeoning to do list!
Working with people this way to really create a conscious start to the day seems to make a huge difference so I hope that these tips help you to! I can do all of this in less than an hour and before anyone else is awake! I’d love you to let me know in the comments section of this blog or on my Facebook page